Iyengar Yoga Resources
- Excellent series of illustrated practices from teachers including John Schumacher, from the IYASE.
- Beginner practice sequences from the Iyengar Yoga Institute of New York.
- Intermediate practice sequences from the Iyengar Yoga Institute of New York.
- Practice sequences from The Yoga Place, Chris Saudek’s studio in Lacrosse, Wisconsin. This link is to the Resources page – scroll down for the sequences.
- Restorative Sequence from Derek French and Shirley Daventry-French, drawings by Lauren Cox.
- How an Iyengar yoga practice should be sequenced
- Roads to Bliss was conceived as a tool for explorers of the inner world. It brings together videos of Iyengar yoga classes and reflections by renowned teachers including Geeta Iyengar, Stephanie Quirk, Patricia Walden, Lois Steinberg and John Schumacher.
- Guruji’s 1938 Practice, Part 1
- Guruji’s 1938 Practice, Part 2
- The Body is My Temple, Asanas are My Prayers – a film montage of Guruji’s practice over the years. View.
- Guruji reflects on Practice.
- The Iyengar Yoga section of Yoga Journal offers a multitude of articles full of inspiring sequences and commentaries.
- BKS Iyengar's 75th Birthday teaching Vol.1 can be found on video here.
Research in therapeutics
- The health benefits of Iyengar yoga are borne out by many peer-reviewed, scientific research studies. Visit the IYNAUS website for a large selection of articles and studies..
- Here in an article published by the US National Library of Medicine on Iyengar yoga and spinal pain.
- A list of helpful resources published by Iyengar Yoga Association of South Central US covering everything from knee injury to cancer.
The library of the Iyengar Yoga Association of Canada/Association canadienne de yoga Iyengar is an exceptional treasure trove of Iyengar yoga books, CDs and DVDs, available to IYAC/ACYI members. Check out the online catalogue and click here to find out how to become a member.
- A tributary piece published after Guruji's death that includes early footage of Krishnamacharya in 1938.
- The True Nature of Health, an article written by BKS Iyengar.
- A powerful collection of Articles & Essays published on the IYNAUS website can be found here, including work from John Schumacher, Lois Steinberg and Guruji himself.
Invocation to Patanjali
Do you ever wish you could hear the invocation at home to catch the pronunciation and words? This version is chanted by BKS Iyengar. And here is an interpretation of its meaning by Geeta S. Iyengar.